Wednesday 31 August 2011

Stuff

It's been madness the past few days. I feel like I haven't had a proper moment to myself.

I worked the past 6 days (including today), mainly late shifts so by the time I came home, I was too tired to really do anything and I'd go straight to bed and sleep right through until I'd need to get up again for work. Since I've been working in the home all summer, it honestly feels like I'm never out of there. I do like working there - the residents keep it fun and interesting, but a break is needed. So when Jackie asked me to fill in the rota with what shifts I'd like to do next week, I only put myself down for two. Monday early and late Friday as well as my weekend shifts which will no longer be in the laundry after this weekend. I stupidly agreed to work care and cleaning shifts at the weekend instead. The one bonus is I get more money but that's due to the extra two hours a week. I will miss my days as a laundry assistant.

With all this work, I've not had a chance to go out and spend my well earned cash. Hopefully I'll go shopping with my mum after she's finished work tomorrow and maybe buy some new work trousers, get my disposable camera pictures from T in the Park developed and maybe get some new books? I have plenty still to read but I'm feeling the urge to just buy more. I don't have any in mind as of yet. Hello spending ages in Waterstones! :)

After listening to Radio 1 non-stop when on holiday in Wales and then hardly listening to it back home, I realised how much I miss listening to Scott Mills' show so I subscribed to the daily podcast. When I've not been able to sleep the past few nights, I put it on hoping I'd manage to fall asleep but I end up laughing too much and being more awake by the end of it. I especially like the download entitled "Olly Murs Loves in Innuendo" - not just for the hilarity of Innuendo Bingo but for Chris singing Match.com style songs to people in train stations and on a train telling girls they "look like [they] enjoy a buffet." Too funny.

Exam results tomorrow, apparently. Shitting it more than a little bit. I have this horrible feeling I might have failed something and I can't progress onto third year. People had been finding out today that they had passed by emailing their academic advisor, but with me working, I didn't know until tonight. I really am dreading these results.

Awk well, at least I'm not working tomorrow and I'm out tomorrow night to either drown my sorrows or celebreate!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...